Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday and Crawling

Well Saturday was my Birthday and Michael asked me to get a sitter from noon till 10pm, so our sweet neighbor girl Jessica who always watches the boys when we go out said that would work for her. We had no idea what we were going to fill our time with except searching for a great deal on steam cleaners. After the search ended I asked if Michael would take me to the quilt shop to look around and maybe sign up for a class, being so sweet Michael did and luckily the lady going to teach the class was there teaching another class. She talked our ear off and Michael was playing the very interested supportive husband even asking questions and helping to find fabric for my class (which is next Friday, One block wonder...a stack and whack type technique) It's been on several different quilt shops class list (including Durango) and it just looks so cool!! So I'm signed up and ready for Friday!! Michael's office in the summer works longer hours due to the daylight and almost everyone then takes every other Friday off so he said it worked out that he could be home to watch the boys!! Hurray, this will be my first quilting class since being pregnant with Hunter, wow 6 years!! Michael then let me pick where we would eat and I had a hard time choosing between the Cheesecake Factory and Ti Amo (Italian Restaurant) and since I hadn't been to Ti Amo's but had heard it was great I chose it and was NOT disappointed. After that we went to Dave and Buster's (a restaurant/bar/game place) we played a bunch of games one of our favorites being Big Game Safari Hunter, it was a blast. I couldn't believe how many people were there with little kids, seriously it's not real family oriented with the bar being center stage. Go to Chuck-e-Cheese or Incredible Pizza if you've got kids. Any who as we were headed home we came to a stop light and noticed the red sign lit up at Krispy Kreams screaming HOT NOW, and if you've never had a hot right from the fryers Krispy Kream doughnut you don't know what you've been missing!!! I told Michael, hey I didn't have any cake for my birthday so we dashed across the street and ate a doughnut and picked up some doughnut holes for the boys for after church the next day!
As for Crawling, Gabriel has figured out how to go to and from his belly to a crawling position easily and he rocks back and forth so happily that he smiles so much and thinks he is so big! He is actually hopping his little knees forward too and Michael showed him how to move his arms so that he can travel forward yikes!! He is going easily from a sitting position to crawling also and is starting to figure out the reverse of that as well! It won't be long before he is into EVERYTHING!! I keep reminding the boys that everything they leave on the floor will be put into his mouth so it's important not to leave food and small toys and such on the floor, hopefully they will be a little better about this but who knows. Today Gabriel actually got his feet underneath his bottom and pushed up from crawling to having his butt in the air legs extended, SCARY!! He's getting so big so fast it's exciting but also sad that this is it. But there are so many fun stages to look forward to with all the boys. Hunter will be starting all day Kindergarten in just 4 or 5 weeks and Samuel will be starting preschool. A lot of parents around here start their kids in organized sports such as soccer, basketball, t-ball even flag football (heck they start some of that for 3 year olds, seriously?) but I don't think Hunter's ready for any of that stuff yet, I'm thinking Golf, Swimming, Piano, stuff that is not group related but who knows, mainly I'm just not ready to drag all three kids to every practice and games just yet. Does that make me a bad parent?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl! You just won a case of meat on my blog (918couponqueenblog.com) please e-mail me ASAP! couponqueen@918moms.com =)

    ReplyDelete